Saturday, May 23, 2015

A rusty tractor

I walked past this tractor everyday hoping, one day I will draw this and there I was one whimsical evening ready to sketch this thing. After a span of 2 weeks between sketching and painting, I ended up with this:

Mahindra Tractor
Lesson number one: Never sit on uncomfortable surfaces! In my case, a rather sharp one. no matter how brave you think you are, after 20 minutes it hurts. It hurts bad. So what do we do? Bring your own god damn seating arrangement if you love that particular perspective so much, or  like in my case compromise for a much farther point which makes you squint  your eyes to be able to notice the details well and crib at the loss of those beautiful defining perspective lines.
Initial sketch in ink

Lesson number two: Plan your sketching/painting session well in advance. You do not want to carry all your painting material only to finish sketching and realising that the sunset makes it impossible to see anything for painting. I had to break down my session to two visits, and in the land of procrastination, that is a huge gap!


Lesson number three: Create one focal point! I got carried away and emphasized way too much on the closet in the rear while all the focus should have been on the tractor.

I am sure there are many more things I was unsatisfied with in this painting but oh well! every experience is a learning experience.  

2 comments:

  1. although you are unsatisfied, for me its simply awesome. your color pattern is eye catching....

    ReplyDelete